Friday 21 August 2015

Take me to a place..

Take me to a place where people are honest,
a place where people accept things that they see,
a place where people can proudly say what they mean.

Take me to a place where they clearly call me a curse,
a place where people don't lie to face for years- call me only a disgrace and not divine!
a place where the norm is to live in fear.

Take me to a place where they pass laws to exploit my kind,
where laws openly disregard my existence and no mercy to find,
a place where the kings, soldiers, priests, nobles and even gods think that I'm just an object,
where they say, 'Reap and Rape your women with no affect'.

Take me to a place where there are no public secrets,
a place where they can use and abuse me without doubt,
a place where its impossible to cast public shame.

For I'm tired of believing I'm free,
I'm tired of believing that I can think,
I'm repelled by the idea of hope!

Take me to a place where people are honest,
where I can say I'm an outcast,
where I can scream till my heart believes
Oppressed at last
Oppressed at last
Oppressed at last!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that's a beautiful poem bro! I loved the fact that you mocked the society's hypocrisy. You very finely did burst the bubble of false freedom that we're all celebrating. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong lines sanju. Suppressed feeling of women flowed through your pen . Beautiful rhyming.nice.

    ReplyDelete