Saturday 30 January 2016

Filter Coffee



I don't like powder coffee. Its like your taste has been decided even before you knew what it tastes like. No! I don't like Cappuccino either, its dressed too well for a drink. And yes! definitely not with whipped cream. It shuns the coffee bean altogether. I like my Filter coffee. The brew trickles down smooth and soft, rich in aroma and brave in taste. The filter lets the brew down made by the hot water and grounded coffee in its container. It's not a net. It is a pierced filter plate bold enough to let the true nature of the brew participate.




In the pool of mature conversations and right things to say my brain's filter is a bit fickle, ready to surprise me and devastate others. My mind thinks of the appropriate outputs that my mouth should give at certain occasions but often the distinctions between what I ought to say and what I want to say get mixed up. I end up with a bunch of possible outcomes but there isn't much time to filter those outcomes again for the best one. My mouth opens ready to handle the situation and I press my lips because there is a clog at the entrance of my filter. And then it happens. My filter develops huge pierced holes in it and what I want to say comes out instead of what I ought to say. Boom!

A good brew is not enough. The sweet milk gives it personality and appearance. The blend of both makes it thick and bring out a beautiful colour. If the brew is raw and brute then the milk supports it with finesse and elegance. The brew decides how strong the beverage will be. The brew waits for a purpose that the milk gives. If the brew is mud then milk acts like the wheel that molds it into a pot and a perfect filter coffee not too brown not too white is made to blow my mind. 


Everyone looks at me like I said something they had not heard before and I knew I had done it again. But nonetheless, they looked relieved and laughed because I told them what their efficient filters blocked on their way to the mouth. They were surprised at the rawness of words and gasped at my naivety. I never knew something like that could bring me and them so much pleasure. It was the idea of conversations that made me stand out. My pierced filter give out those words because the intent of conversations is to open my mind and let thoughts travel from my mind to your mind and back. So that when they come back they would have met your thoughts and touched the walls of your brain. Sometimes they don't come back and sometimes when they do I have something to take back. But most of the times when they travel they hover at your well netted filter not knowing how to behave and come back confused. The sweet, child like gesture of letting them inside make the participants happy. Your words mix with your honest gesture that makes the conversation real.

And when you have that real, amazing conversation you top it up with a Filter coffee.






6 comments:

  1. Super fucking amazing.
    Let the peirced holes let the rich creamy language flow more often..
    Reading this.. I'm intoxicated... The posted ended and I wanted it some more.
    I guess I'm addicted.
    To the coffee or to the words that flow out of your brain into my brain . Brilliant peice of work.
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. saath mein ek filter kaaapi ho jaaye ?? ;) nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superp sanju. Great interpretation of the filter coffee and the thought process for a conversation. I loved it, now with every sip the thought process will be triggered and the aroma will be doubly refreshing. Filter Coffee and Fine Conversation with Sanju. Lovely write up. waiting for your next post

    ReplyDelete